Monday, August 15, 2016

CASEing One of The Best

Ok, so I said in my last post that I would share with you the card I CASE'd from Online Card Classes.  I won't go into too much detail on this because I'm sure they want you to sign up for the class in order to learn how to create it.  BUT, I will share with you what I took from the class.  I've never in my life done any real watercoloring or any coloring of roses before so I was absolutely 100% in the dark on this one.  Which is why I decided to CASE this beautiful card created by Dawn Woleslagle.  If you want to see the original created by Dawn, click here to sign up for the OCC Watercolor for Card Makers class.  I was hoping that if I followed her step by step, I might actually learn when to shade and where to highlight, stuff like that.  They make it look so darn easy!!  I can't even figure out how to create the basic shape of a rose!!  Anyway, for my very first try, I don't think it turned out too terrible.  It certainly doesn't look anything like Dawn's card, but I'm ok with that.  I'm excited to CASE this one again in hopes that every time I do it, I'll understand a little more of the basic concept of creating a rose.  So without further ado, here is my first attempt at watercoloring flowers.
As lost as I was when I first set out to CASE this one, I actually had a lot of fun making it.  Dawn does such a beautiful job of explaining everything as she goes along.  I NEVER would have attempted this if it hadn't been for this class.  I highly recommend everyone taking this class.  If watercoloring isn't your thing, they have plenty of other classes that I'm sure you will find interesting.  You can check them all out by clicking here.
The products I used for this card were, of course, WPlus9's Coming Up Roses and Spring Blooms.  I used several distress inks as well.  I haven't really used either of these stamps sets yet until now.  How horrible is that?!?  I'll be honest with you, I was pretty intimidated by them!!  I'm not really a floral person so I just wasn't really sure how to make them look amazing, like everyone else I see that uses them does...  They are absolutely beautiful stamp sets though.  I look forward to using them again.
This experience brought a whole new level of love to my distress inks.  I knew how amazing they were for ink blending and watercoloring, but I've never really used them like this before.  When I've watercolored with them, it's mostly for backgrounds or to color an image in.  But to actually stamp the image in the color I'm using to fill the image, I don't think I've done that before.  You gotta remember, I'm still a newbie at card making.  I'm only a little under a year and a half in so there's sooo many techniques I haven't even experienced yet!!  That was a huge part of why I wanted to start a blog.  I wanted to keep track of all the new experiences I have.
From a distance, this doesn't look all that bad!!  I NEVER in a million years would have imagined that I made this card.  ME!  I'm still in shock.  I can't even express to you how grateful I am for these online card classes.  They're simply amazing.  If I can go from never before watercoloring florals, to this card I'm sharing with you today, just by watching this class, AND on my first try, then anyone can do this.  Anyone!!  Yes, they are THAT good.  I would put money on it.
But like I said, I won't go into too much detail on this one.  If you want to make this beautiful card or are interested in learning how to watercolor, then you definitely want to check this class out.  
And that's it folks!!  Thank you for stopping by.  If you have any questions or just wanna share some love, please leave me a comment.  I love chatting with you! 





6 comments:

  1. Misty, I took that class and you did a FABULOUS job on the card. IT is stunning. That was one I still haven't conquered. I figure one day I will take a go at it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat. Yeah, I have no idea why I chose to start out with this one... A little ambitious of me for sure. I do look forward to giving it another try though. It was a great class, wasn't it??

      Delete
  2. Really beautiful, Misty! You've done a fabulous job... and Dawn IS the best!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michele!! Yes, she certainly is. She's sooo talented!! They all are that do those classes.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I LIKE this card!! A lovely design and very pretty colors!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa!! This was fun to make. :) I can't wait to try it again.

      Delete