Wednesday, August 17, 2016

A Note To Say Hello

Hello friends!!  Got a super easy card to share with you today.  I made this one to send to my aunt who is dealing with some health issues and I think it turned out perfectly!!
This was actually perfect timing because I had the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge rolling around in my head which was called "Emboss It" this week so I started this card with embossing on my mind.  I used Handwritten Floral Greetings by Simon Says Stamp along with Horizontal Stitched Strips by My Favorite Things.
I used my Copic markers to color the lovely flower (V12, V15, V17).  I wasn't paying attention to staying in the lines because I knew I'd be cutting it out.
It drives me nuts when I forget to do this tiny little step.  It makes such a huge difference when you're not the best fussy cutter to go around the edge of your image with a black marker.  I used my Memento black marker to do this, but any marker will suffice.
I used gold embossing powder on the sentiment and I really liked the way the gold looked with the wood background.
I decided to use my favorite 40 lb. vellum from Ellen Hutson for the leaves along with the same gold embossing powder to tuck behind the flower to try and soften the overall look of this card.  
I had originally planned on using this Clustered Leaves die by Simon Says Stamp, but I just couldn't get it to look quite right.
I finally realized that it was the black trimmed flower that wasn't working for me.  Once I decided to heat emboss the flower to match the rest of the card, I was on a roll!!
So I colored the flower once again and fussy cut it out, once again and I was back in business.
All I had left to do was add some fun foam to the back of the card front and also behind the stitched strips where the sentiment was.  I chose a really pretty purple card stock from my paper stash that matched the flower beautifully.
 
I dropped the Clustered Leaves and added a few droplets and then my card was complete!  See, I told you this one was super easy.  Hope you enjoy!!










6 comments:

  1. Misty between the wood-grain paper, and the vellum leaves you've really wowed me this morning! Super pretty! On a side note - do you receive our comments in your email box? thanks!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele!! Thank you so much for your sweet words. Is it you that is a huge vellum fan?? Ummm, ok so my notifications... I'm not sure how or why but they've been going to my gmail address that I don't really use too often. I basically just set it up so I could have a YouTube channel. I've just been going into each post every so often and checking if there are any new comments!! Yikes!! At least now I know where to look!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Lisa!! Thank you!! I'm glad you like it. 😊😊

      Delete
  3. I am such a fan of woodgrain and flowers, so this one is a sure winner with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat!! Well thanks!! I'm glad you like it! It was fun to make. It definitely made me realize that I need to use more wood grain papers in my cards. 😊

      Delete